These were a few of my songs and hymns as I stayed the night with Olive Hope
Scriptures and meaningful Songs sung
Verses Lynette put on the Neonatal Crib:
I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make (Olive) dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8
He who watches over you will not slumber, indeed he who watches over (Olive) will neither slumber nor sleep Psalm 3:4
It's me again Lord,
I've got a prayer that needs an answer,
It's me again Lord,
I've got a problem that I can't solve
I don't mean to worry you
but here I am facing something new
and I need help that only comes from you
It's me again Lord.
Troubles come and I can't find an answer
Lonely nights I spent in agony
I have no other friend that I can turn to
so here I am Lord back down on my knees.
It's me again Lord, I got a prayer that needs an answer
It's me again Lord, I got a problem that I can't solve
I don't mean to worry you, but here I am facing something new
and I need help that only comes from you, It's me again Lord.
Gentle Shepherd,Come and Lead us 596
For we need your help to find our way
Gentle Shepherd come and feed us
For we need your strength from day to day
There's no other we can turn to
Who can help us face another day
Gentle Shepherd come and lead us
For we need you to help us find our way
For Those Tears I Died page 436 Hymns for the family of God
You said You'd come and share all my sorrows
You said You'd be there for all my tomorows.
I came so close to sending you away.
But just like you promised, You came here to stay
I just had to pray.
And Jesus said,
Come to the Waters, Stand by my side
I know you are Thirsty
You won't be denied
I felt every tear drop
When in darkness you cried.
And I strove to remind you
That for those tears I died.
Your goodness so great I can't understand
And dear Lord I know that all this was planned;
I know you are here now and always will be
Your love LOOSED MY CHAINS and in You I'm free
But Jesus WHY me?
Jesus I give you heart and my soul
I know that without God, Olive would never be whole.
Savior You opened all the right doors
And I thank and praise you from earth's humble shores
Take me, I'm yours
And Jesus said,
Come to the Waters, Stand by my side
I know you are Thirsty
You won't be denied
I felt every tear drop
When in darkness you cried
And I strove to remind you
That for those tears I died.
I Could Never Out love the Lord page 452
There've been times when giving and loving brought pain
And I promised (determined) I would never let it happen again
But I found out that loving was well worth the risk
And that even in losing you win.
He showed us that only through dying we live,
And He gave when it semed there as nothing to give
He loved when loving brought heart ache and loss
He forgave from an old rugged cross.
I'm going to live the way He wants me to live
I'm going to give until there is just no more to give
I'm going to love til there is just no more to love
I could never out-love the Lord.
Carol's Song as she stays awake with Olive on 10/2/2009
Olive still has some brain pressure as evidenced on her right side.
Her little toes have healed well from all the blood testings. She had the bilirubin light on her part of the night
but has slept well and stayed stable most of the night.
Precious Lord, Give is hope, 611 (Revised by Carol)
Lead us on, keep us strong
Mommy is tired, Hope is weak
and we are worn.
As Olive sleeps thru the night,
keep her strong, help her fight,
Touch her brain, precious Lord
Give her life.
When our eyes grow tired,
Precious Lord, linger near,
When her life seems almost gone.
Here our cry, hear our call
Hold our hands, lest we fall
Take our faith, precious Lord, make it strong..
In the midst of our tears,
may you always feel near
thanks for strength, thanks for hope
and thanks for love,.
Thanks for fingers and for toes,
thanks for the joy of spending time
with our little precious Olive Hope.
Lullaby and Goodnight
Little baby Olive Hope
May Jesus touch you as you sleep
and breathe new life into your brain.
May you feel Jesus near
as he rocks you to sleep.
Saturday, October 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing those, mom. Thanks for being there.
Post a Comment