From Fern today:
To Everyone who has been reading Lynette and Rusty's updates, I would like you to imagine this picture with me and then act on it. When a couple is newly married, as they leave for their honeymoon they are showered with rice, bird seed or whatever, everyone wishes them well.
This last report we had from the Polinder's ...was a very hard blow to all of us. It was faith shattering, it made a strong person wilt.....BUT the Bible says in Matthew 17:20, IF we had a mere kernel of faith, a poppy or mustard seed, you tell this mountain, 'move'! it would move. (The Message)
Now what I want all of us to do is grab that kernel of faith that you have and throw it over Rusty and Lynette, lets shower them over and over again with kernels of faith believing that God is acting out His good on them. Let's keep on praying for healing for Olive. When Rusty and Lynette's faith become slim let's lift them up again and again with all of our kernels of faith.
and from Rita:
I'm crying with/for you, Carol. And as I prayed for you all again this morning, Ps. 103: 13 & 14 came to my mind. I also take encouragement from the promise in vs. 17 (gives this grandma comfort when I can't be there...)
As a father has compassion on his children,
so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;
for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust.
v 17 But the lovingkindness of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, And His righteousness to children’s children,
Rusty's Dad says it so well:
confused, frustrated, sad, ticked off, worried, conflicted. Thanks to so many of you who are praying for us, when we are without words to pray
1 comment:
Tears cloud my eyes even as I read this again! We were so hopeful and now... I pray for the God of all peace to guard your heart and mind and that he will strengthen you my friend!
Post a Comment