Today had lots to tears to accompany it. The organism that they found in Olive's CSF fluid is Staphylococcus Aureus...which means she has meningitis. This was the first news we heard upon arriving at the hospital this morning.
Rusty and Lynette are due to be on the plane to the States by 11:00 PM Monday night, which will be Tuesday morning at 11:00am their time. But this morning when we got up, they were again discouraged by the news that Olive has a Staph infection and with the infection came Sleep apnea again.
The Doctor that will be accompanying them will make an assessment shortly before the flight time as to whether he thinks she will be stable enough to make the trip home. Rusty has spent hours planning with the people who have so graciously said they would fly her home, coordinating the nurse and doctor who are to go along, and bought their plane tickets back to Thailand. We so much want this to happen.
How do we put our disappointment into words? We are soooo looking forward to seeing Olive and our daughter, Lynette and wonderful son-in-law, Rusty at the DeVos Children's Hospital on Tuesday evening. Reuniting with Olive would be soooo miraculous, since Norm and I had said what we thought were our final farewells to Olive. We were surprised when the ventilator was taken off and God healed her infections without antibiotics. Now at 8 weeks of age our little fighter grand-daughter is even crying!
But the ups and downs of infections and not being able to put IV's in her veins has a way of wearing down our faith. Oh yes, if we step back and see the bigger picture and do a "let me tell you the ways" God has performed so many miracles. But "It's Me Again Lord, I've got a Prayer that needs an answer" seems to be almost daily.
We struggle with, "God, don't you want this to happen? Are we just to exercise our faith and trust that You God have our best interest in mind, or are you trying to keep Rusty and Lynette in Thailand for a reason." I wish God would clearly speak an answer to Rusty and Lynette, but he hasn't, and so once again, we would ask all of you to pray for Guidance and strength for Rusty and Lynette as the sleep. God, help them to have a good night of sleep, resting in your arms."
1 comment:
I choose not to give up just yet. Growing up, I was the worst when it came to giving up something that I was looking forward to. I'm fight for this one until the very end.
Post a Comment