Over the Years, my brother Al has been the person in our family who asked the most questions at our family gatherings. He often asks us our feelings about our week in a very specific sort of way. He asks questions like "How did God speak to you this week?, etc. And sometimes some of us have been unnerved by his questions because we spend very little time thinking about how our day went or about our feelings.
Growing up around the kitchen table, I don't remember too much time asking each other about our day. It was more like a "reporting session" and if you wanted to get your "two bits in" you spoke up and said your piece.
So, PERHAPS Al's mentoring came from either his wife, Rose or his friend, Bob.
Nevertheless, I want to take this time to thank Al in a public way for the role he has had in our family. I appreciate his love and affection and the caring attitude he has toward all of us who have been privileged to be his sister or brother.
Al, it is your wonderful spirit and interest in all of us that have added so much life to family gatherings.
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU'VD DONE AND FOR ALL YOU ARE - A VERY SPECIAL PERSON WHO WILL ALWAYS BE LOVED VERY MUCH.
FROM YOUR SIS
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a sweet tribute Carol. Al sounds like a very thoughtful man.
Dear Carol,
Your card and writing brought tears to my eyes. I have felt very mentally challenged over the last number of months, so your encouraging words were even more meaningful.
I love you sister...
al
Post a Comment