Life with Olive looked "big" and and life without Olive feels "empty." Emotions are still raw and we never know when the tears will roll down our cheeks. Tears have been God's greatest gift during this time of grief. The choked up emotions give vent to tears at the most unexpected times.
We have all watched Lynette and Rusty be advocates for Olive. They have dared say in their blog what some of their audience has felt.
I am eternally grateful for God giving me the opportunity to hold Olive and walk with Rusty and Lynette the last 4 weeks of Olive's life.
The Thai nurses and doctors loved Olive as well, but we are grateful that "God made a way" for Olive and Rusty and Lynette to return to the States before he took Olive home with him. Her Grandpa Polinder met her for the first time.
We are grateful for a community that grieves with us.
In Lynette's blog she shares the video and letter she shared at the Memorial Service.
Lynette's last blog entry says so well what Olive's parents are feeling:
I drift to sleep each night with you on my mind and wake up only to find you there again. I've been sleeping with your cow and blanket. Both still smell of you. Each day your scent grows more faint and I hate the thought of losing it.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment