
Stacia (Rusty's sister) and Tom and Olive's little cousins sang "Happy Birthday to Olive," brought roses for her vase, and released green balloons with little notes for Olive Hope. The picture above doesn't catch Stacia and her family's tears that were shed as they walked to Olive's grave. But they do represent the fun we had releasing balloons for Olive and singing Happy Birthday to her.
In memory of Olive, I spent some time quieting my soul with a book this morning. I remember running over to South Bend Memorial to get a chance to hold this small helpless child who was fighting to live. I'm a very "busy" "doing" person. Quiet moments normally feel "boring." But rocking Olive to sleep was far from boring. Watching her fight to breathe.....she worked so hard to live.
And so today, to happily sing Happy Birthday to Olive, I must first say "I deeply and completely accept Jesus."
4 comments:
Precious moments.
I'm touched by this love from the wonderful Grandma you were to sweet Olive. I have been praying for Norm & you today and know how today brings back many special but also painful memories. May God comfort you both.
Hugs to everyone! Our hearts were so touched by Olive's short time here on earth...but she will live forever in Heaven...safe in the arms of Jesus...that feels so good!
feeling so sad with you....thank you for your thoughts, comments and pictures. Olive was a beautiful and precious baby. I found your blog because of reading Lynette's. This is the first time I've commented. You're family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment