Friday, May 21, 2010

Reflexology seminar and Random thoughts

I'm going to be at a Reflexology seminar for 3 days this weekend. I'm doing it as a continuing education course, and hoping to give improved care to my patients.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Melody and her family over Memorial Day week. It will be fun to see how Aubrey and Tyler are growing. Hopefully we can connect with our Delaware grandchildren sometime this summer as well.

With the current unrest in Thailand, Rusty and Lynette's plans to return may be delayed. They have had to make some tough decisions about whether to stay or go. Trying to decide where to live long term is perhaps the hardest decision of all. They are perhaps the most spontaneous couple I know, so though it is hard to watch them grapple with tough issues, I remain hopeful that they will make it through this hard time.

Another friend reminded me last weekend that "everyone has a story." I asked her what hers was. She had lost a baby soon after he was born. Last fall her son told her his girlfriend was going to have a baby. His girlfriend's father was taken to jail for having a meth lab. A month later her oldest daughter told them she was pregnant, married the man in January and had her baby in April. This family loves the Lord, and I have a high respect for the way they taught their family the scriptures. My heart has cried out for them since I heard about it last weekend. Why Lord, how can children make so many mistakes when parents have poured their lives into their children and tried to teach them God's ways? I am reminded again that all of us get to make our own choices, and our parents cannot be held accountable for those choices children make.

I've purchased a bodybugg to monitor my diet and exercise better. It works as a personal trainer to motivate me. I also want to share a free website that a friend of mine referred me to, for those of you who are disciplined and track your daily food intake and exercise. Go to www.myfitnesspal.com. A lot of what I do at www.bodybugg.com is found there as well. You don't get to have a cool bodybugg on you, but it is a free software program and my friend has had success with it. We were comparing software programs while we walked 18 holes of golf last weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm inspired by all your walking and tracking!! That thing is pretty cool.


I hope you will have a little bit of time Sunday night to join us...It won't be the same without you. :(