I am currently embarking on a 23 day Detox program to restore my high potassium levels to normal. I have experienced highly intense pain in my left thumb and in the kidney and occasional colon areas. I have experienced weight gain around my belly area to the tune of 8 lbs in the last 2 months. The weight gain seemed to come on suddenly as did the constipation. After being severely constipated for days I began to succomb to enemas (which is not a popular thing to discuss among my family members). I'm just telling you that I tried calcium/magnesium, flax seed, colon cleanse pills, aloe vera and all to no avail. With increasing cause to worry about colon cancer in the Yoder side of my family, I began to become more and more interest in a Detox program that would restore natural flora into the colon and small intestinal regions.
I discovered on-line that the Standard Process 23 Day Purification Diet came highly recommended by a blogger. So, I began the program on April 24, four days ago.
It requires me to take four products: SF Colon Cleanse, Gastro-Fiber, SP Complete (Fiber drink); and in the second and third week I will add Green food tablets. I'm on the Modified version which means I can have 3-4 oz of Protein daily (excluding beef and pork), 1-2 eggs, and as many green vegetables and fruit that I want as long as I eat more vegetables than fruit.
I will report that despite the constipation that continued the first two days, I began to feel almost immediately better and my belly began to shrink. I did have to take additional aloe capsules to get anything moving.
I spoke with Carrie one evening and she suggested some products that are given in the hospital for high potassium levels. However one product was a prescription. I told her I had used the mag citrate, but later discovered she may have been talking about a pharmacy brand drink.
On day 3: I evacuated about 24 hours after my 450 mg aloe pill was taken. I ate some red hot Thai food which helped.
Day 4, April 27: I ate some more Thai food, but so far nothing has happened and I feel a little bloated.
I will keep you posted. I have an appointment to discuss my malady with my Medical doctor on Wednesday.
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment