How many of you pray the prayer of Jabez?
"Oh that You, God would bless me and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that you would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain."
How many of us complain that we have too much "territory" and wish he would take some of it away?
The more God blesses us with good things, the more responsibility we have to use our blessing to His glory.
How many of us realize that when God blesses us, Satan also likes to tempt us and so Jabez aware of this, asks God to keep him from evil and not to cause pain for others.
This morning I prayed that God would bless Tim in his new work in Seaford/Bridgeville and that God's hand would lead him. I also prayed that you would keep him from evil and not to cause pain in the middle of blessing him with people who come to know him through the Cannon Mennonite church.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment